The double-skin facade is the result of global demand for new ways to save and use energy sustainably while offering the most natural possible ventilation of rooms in highrise buildings to improve user comfort.
The solar shade, which can be mounted in the small or large intermediate space, makes a significant contribution to the double-skin facade’s effectiveness in controlling the internal climate of the building. Moreover, with a double-skin facade, the solar shade can also be installed at a great height because it is not exposed to the wind.
- Suitable use as a "second skin" for system facades in highrise buildings
- Efficient modernisation of existing buildings while in use
- Natural ventilation of rooms in highrise buildings
- Thermal insulation compliant with EnEV or passive house standards possible
- Good soundproofing performance against external noise
- Walk-in intermediate spaces of up to 1000 mm and other special designs possible
- Efficient use of solar shading systems
- Double-skin facades as a design element