Earthquake tested facades
If you are planning to install a glass facade in a region which is at risk of earthquakes, our engineers will determine the potential load using historical earthquake data from the location.
This information enables us to calculate the magnitude of the shear forces and deformations occurring in the glass facade before it is built. We then use these results to select a suitable facade design.
- Suitable for use with vertical facades and light roofs
- Clear, minimalistic design for the highest architectural standards
- Large pane formats possible
- Glass facades with appropriate decoupled load bearing structures
- Seismically isolated for effective protection against earthquake damage
- Statically determinate bearing system using floating, sliding and fixed bearings in the subsructure
- Control of shear forces and deformations