Intelligent facades can be controlled to respond actively to changes in the external climate.
The aim is to maximise the benefits of natural ventilation and sustainable sources of renewable energy, such as light and heat from the sun during the day and cooling during the night. Solar shading and glare protection are important components of intelligent facades and must be included from the earliest stages of planning.
- Suitable for use with vertical facades
- Actively responds to changes in the external climate
- Adaptive layer system with variable function layers
- Active use of sunlight and warmth during the day and cooling during the night
- Photovoltaic cells integrated into the facade generate primary energy
- Clear, minimalistic design for the highest architectural standards
- The appearance of the facade changes continuously due to the flexibility of the layers
- Can be controlled by the user
- Thin-film photovoltaic layers create a homogeneous structure
- Elements allows indoor and outdoor spaces to merge visually